Outdoor wicker furniture, synthetic wicker furniture and plastic wicker furniture are all names that mean the same thing. They all describe wicker furniture that is constructed with materials that resist the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays, resists poor weather conditions such as rain and humidity and it is easy to clean with common dish soap and water.
- Not all outdoor wicker furniture is equal. The quality is affected by the type of resin used, the additives used in the resin to resist the ultra violet rays of the sun, the types of frames and quality of the frames that are used and the actual assembly and weave of the wicker.
- Unless you are dealing with a well established wicker dealer, you will probably never get the real story on the quality of the materials that make up the outdoor wicker furniture. The average consumer will not be able to discern the difference between a quality product from that of an imposter until its too late.
- A high quality grade of outdoor wicker furniture is nearly indestructible under normal use conditions.
- The highest quality outdoor wicker furniture uses aluminum frames not synthetic or steel frames. Although, powder coated steel frames would be your next best choice in lieu of aluminum frames.
- Outdoor wicker should carry at least a 1-year warranty against manufacture defects.
- Synthetic (outdoor) wicker furniture can be left outdoors in the sun, rain and cold and should last for many years without degrading. To prolong the life of your wicker, you may want to consider storing or covering your wicker furniture when it is not being used for long periods of time, such as during the winter.
- Maintenance of wicker furniture is the best part of owning it. There almost is none. The most you will ever have to do is use some liquid dish soap, a sponge and some water to give it a quick bath and rinse it down with a hose.
- Reputable dealers will carry a variety of finishes to choose from. As many as 10 or more finishes are available on the market. Not all dealers carry the full spectrum of color finishes.
- Outdoor wicker furniture is now being used indoors to replace natural wicker because of the variety of elegant styles, finishes, durability and ease of maintenance.
Discover the benefit of Sunbrella replacement cushions for your outdoor space. Learn how to choose the perfect fit, explore award-winning designs, and how to order online. We also review how to maintain and care for your cushions to enjoy long-lasting comfort.